How to Check B.E.C.E Result on the Internet
W.A.E.C. seems to have released the B.E.C.E results on time this year. I just hope the computerized school placements of candidates would follow very soon. On the average, candidates did not perform too well.
The difficulty in getting aggregate six out of five subjects is now very obvious since there is no more Agricultural Science, R.M.E, Pre-Technical Skills and Pre-Vocational Skills to cover up for the English, Maths and Science.
The results I have seen so far suggest all is not very well in most schools. Candidates with aggregate lower than 10 should not worry much since it looks likely that they might just make their first choice school.
To check the results online however, graduands should first obtain scratch cards from the following w.a.e.c head offices. Scratch cards can also be obtained from post offices nationwide.
|Accra||Ghana National Office, Examination Loop (Behind Ridge Hospital)||233-021-685901- 4|
|Kumasi||WAEC Branch Office, Near Kumasi Technical Institute (KTI)||233-051-26064 / 34452 / 34454/34448|
|Sekondi||WAEC Branch, Office, Near Regional Administration, Sekondi||233-031-46334 / 46041|
|Cape Coast||WAEC Branch Office, Adisadel Estate||233-042-32878|
|Koforidua||WAEC Branch Office, Old Estate Road||233-081-20922 / 20923 / 20075 / 20921|
|Ho||WAEC Branch Office, Accra Road (Opposite SCC/Ghana Highways Authority Offices)||233-091-28254|
|Sunyani||WAEC Branch Office, (Behind Ghana Legion and District Assembly Offices)||233-061-27016 / 24462|
|Tamale||WAEC Branch Office, (Kalpohin Estates)||233-071-23092 / 23421|
|Bolgatanga||WAEC Branch Office, SOE Residential Area (Near Catering Rest House)||233-072-23232 / 24267|
|Wa||WAEC Branch Office, Regional Administration||233-0756-22278|
Graduands with scratch can follow the following steps to check their results online.
1. Start a new browser eg (Internet Explorer, mozilla) and type www.ghana.waecdirect.org in the address bar
2. Enter your B.E.C.E Index number (9 digits) eg 102228001
3. Select the Examination type, in your case ( B.E.C.E.)
4. Select the examination year, in your case ( 2009 )
5. Enter the card serial number found on the reverse side of your scratch card.
6. Enter the PIN ( the 12 -digit number on the scratch card)
7. Confirm your index number and examination year
8. Click on submit and wait for the display in the pop up window
9. Print your B.e.c.e. results
Once the results is released, scratch cards become scarce. Graduands should get one on time.
You cannot give your scratch card to your friend to check his/her results after it has been used once.
You can only use your scratch card to check your result three times.
I am really wishing all graduands all the best of luck.